Info Technical requirements
- volume: 1500..3000 characters — by the way, our editorial board retains the right to cut and edit your text;
- laconism, grammatical correctness and nice professional style are necessary;
- please try to keep the emotional background of the text as neutral as possible: don't praise your event too much, don't critisize your competitors;
- any third party products advertisement is unacceptable;
- please don't merge few events into one, make separate announcements for them;
- first, specify the event name and describe it's concept;
- welcome a competent, short, description of the achievements of the participants of the event, but at the same time, don't think that our users are stupid: believe, here some one quote Wikipedia, some people have — 40 centimeters, and one (which is really hard to believe) even had breakfast with Kant;
- the editor-in-chief turns into a ninja when detecting parts of the text typed in upper case, except of those cases, when you really can't do without it;
- don't make your text too bare, it should be interesting for different people after all;
- would be great if your text is written by a professional journalist, not by some illiterate redneck;
- finally, it would be great if the text and graphic part would look as a whole, thereby attracting the attention of the audience and creating a unique atmosphere.
- 500×200 and 300×500 (no more than 100 Kb) is used in the publication and special section called «Events»;
- 800×200 (no more than 100 Kb) looks great at the main page;
- when creating, follow the simple values: will you choose the azure of the sea coast or the retro-futuristic red-orange Soviet constructivism — this is only your decision, but illustrations must be pleasant;
- due to the fact that without the font and information, artwork becomes a faceless picture, choose a good font and no less a good way to use it to properly and harmoniously show information to users;
- since the size of the artworks is not that big try to leave the space for the most important information only;
- the line up, or at least the list of headliners should be published on your artwork;
- artworks with white background usually look nice, but please don't use any frames with them;
- Do not use the logos of partners and sponsors for materials intended for publication on our website: better hang over the entrance to the party big and beautiful logo PromoDJ;
- if your headliners, promo group or club are registered at PROMODJ then we would love to link up the artwork to the page;
- please, without explicit content: we have a great self-spoiling generation of underage DJs and musicians, therefore, you don't need to accelerate entropy by your actions;
- we can refuse to place immediately if we don't like something, or aftervavwhile, if something don't like our audience, but this should not happen if you have read the requirements.
Contests are fun when conditions are fare, prizes are good and are actually being delivered to winners.
Please read this carefully:
For the successful realization of the competition, we will need а two blog posts from the one who makes the competition (from the artist or from the company), in Russian and English, in which you will describe in detail the conditions of the competition.
These blog entries will be attached to the remix contest that will be placed at the special section. By the way, please take a look at the previous contests to get more impression and knowledge of what this is all about.These are things that have to be mentioned in the contest rules:
- brief information about the artist and the company. Please keep it short and don't hype yourself up too much;
- photo of an artist or company logo or release artwork;
- contest rules that will briefly and clearly tell how the whole thing works and what kind of work do you expect from the artists;
- pay special attention to the item about the prohibition of downloading contest works for all: it will be necessary if you collect the remixes for the release that you plan to sell;
- the original track and remix-pack loaded on the page of the artist/company on PromoDJ, the original track is inserted as a player, remix pack — as a reference;
- precise list of prizes and their shipping;
- contest dates and precise date and time of publishing the results.
Here is a nice example of the brief contest description:
Open Gate Records, group of companies «The Government of Sound», with PromoDJ support announce a competition of remixes for composition Richard Durand «Wide Awake».Don`t forget to change the names to yours when you will copy this example ;)
On the day of the announcement of the results of the contest you must provide us the links on the blog post in two languages, where the winners of the contest will be indicated. Don't forget to include the links to the winners pages.
Good news: there will be some good entries for sure too and you will definately get what you want.
Prizes are determined by the concept of the contest: for example, in remix contests on strictly commercial tracks, a good option would be the same commercial prize in the form of crisp banknotes.
At the same time, the history of PromoDJ knows the contest, with prizes in the form of touching to the depths of the soul honey jars, handed to the winners from the same project;)
Also getting some nice stores to sponsor your contest can be a good thing.
Apple products (iPad, MacBook, iPhone, iMac etc), DJ equipment (turntables, mixers, midi controllers) and music hardware (soundcards, monitors, headphones etc) are definately the best stimulating prizes.
Another option for the prize may be the ability to communicate or work with the great professionals: for example, someone would be happy to agree to a joint project with Moby or work in The Prodigy studio.)
Don`t scant because there is nothing worse then insulting your potential contestents with some cheap cup or t-shirt. ;)
PromoDJ sponsoring every contest and giving the juicy Premium accounts to all winners..
Technical requirements for beauty and conceptual banner with size 300×600 for your contest— is here.
The goal of Brandinng is to create a unique atmosphere for your party/product, to get it remembered and show it's uniqueness.
Users of PromoDJ can brand their own page on their own,using CP and it is their right (the only requirement on our part — branding should look cool :)
The advertisers can brand PromoDJ home page, page of sections (for example, Photo or CP) and the page of the users who do not have set up their own branding.
- branding — the image in a format JPEG, PNG or GIF, not larger than 1 Mb (optimally — 300–500 Kb, if less — then it is better);
- we recommend you to use Progressive JPEG, it works better on the slower channels;
- maximum image size is 2000 x 5000 px, but usually it is 2000 x 1000;
- we recommend to fill in the invisible part (the one that goes under content part) with a background colour to save some space;
- since PROMODJ pages are usually taller then branding images please make your picture blend to a solid background colour in the lower end;
- branding image sticks to the top edge of the page and centers, so as the content part;
- please remember that 20% of the world's internet users are using small screens (1024x768) and will only see the top part of your branding, so you might want to put all the important information in there.
These things may become a reason of your branding denial:
- way too bright, annoying colours;
- lame fonts;
- way too sexy pictures
- pictures emulating the OS menus and buttons
- anything that can annoy PROMODJ users (you will need to remake your branding if we get few complaints about it);
- some other things that we might not like. We will let you know as soon as we see your branding.
- you can not use more then one sponsor logo;
- you can not name any websites in any branding related texts.