What is PROMODJ?
PROMODJ is a service that allows you to publish your mixes, tracks, video files, pictures, broadcast all your creations as a podcast and promote your events.
There are concentrated terabytes of music in all club styles, published directly by the authors.
What can I do on PROMODJ?
If you are DJ or musician — you can upload your mixes, tracks and remixes, find like-minded people, discuss the materials, write music together and create a new musical tandems, publish your posters and blogs, communicate with fans and critics, study and learn new things.
If you listener or clubber — find your favorite artists, listen to and download their music without limits, communicate with idols, discover new names and make a new friends.
Photographers will be able to post their photo reports from parties and raves.
Our specialty PROMORADIO has a lot of channels for every taste.
PDJ TV — day-and-night television channel that is never boring. Every evening - live broadcasts of interesting sets of DJs.
Forum — themed community, a great entry point for DJs, musicians and clubbers.
What kind of music can be placed on your page?
You can publish only your copyright works, only that you have made yourself.
If you DJ — post your mixes. If a musician — post tracks and remixes.
Important Note: in any case you can not publish other people's music, as well as remixes, in which variations of you were minimal (overlay effects, speed changes, etc.). This is plagiarism and you may be blocked.
If your track or remix uses someone else's material, they should be consistent with the rights holders.
PROMODJ position in the field of copyright
We have a negative attitude to plagiarism and copyright infringers and we are actively cooperate with the copyright owners.
Unfortunately, physically we have no way to preaudit all content that is uploaded to our servers, so we moderating materials post factum by request of the copyright holders.
If you are copyright holder and have any questions — please pay attention to the point For authors and rights holders, which tells in detail, which tells in details what you need to do.
I am a DJ/musician and would like to upload my music
To get the status of a DJ/musician and upload the materials to PROMODJ you should check appropriate boxes in the Personal Information section in the Control Panel.
File uploading doesn't work, what happened?
Most likely it is a problem with your browser. To solve this problem try to update your Flash Player;
If it doesn't help please check your firewall, antivirus or browser plug-in settings (some of them block the flash uploading processes, «adBlock» for example).
I posted a video but it can not be played
You need to recode the video and upload the file once again.
How to recover my password?
Recover your password here.
Please wait for the email. You will get a password reset link.
If you haven't got an e-mail message from us within half an hour, please check your «Spam» folder.
If the message is not there either, please contact your email provider customer support and ask the reason of not receiving messages from a mail server with the promodj.com domain (MX 184.108.40.206).
How to verify my account?
In Control Panel in the verification window you need to enter your phone number and in a few minutes you will get an SMS with the code that must be entered in the verification window.
Please enter your number in international format.
Also, you can pass the verification by PayPal.
It's absolutely free :)
I know my login and password, but can not login
This happens because of the troubles with browser.
Clear your cookies and browser cache (this can be done in the browser settings), refresh your browser or or try to login in another browser.
PromoDJ podcast settings
PromoDJ launched a system for delivering music content to the world's leading streaming services. Here's a tutorial on podcast settings. It's very easy and doesn’t take much time.
Your podcast settings are filled in automatically. If necessary, you can edit them in the Control Panel → Podcast
- Podcast Name — Enter the name of your podcast on iTunes
- Author — enter your stage name
- E-mail — пyour mail for communication
- Website — link to your PromoDJ page
- Description — short description of your podcast for a few sentences
- Category — keep the category «music» if you have a music podcast or choose another category if have speech podcast
- Language — select the language in which you communicate with the podcast audience
- The option «Add mix tracklists to descriptions» will open tracklists for the podcast audience, however, it may lead to blocking the material by the complaint of the copyright holder of one of the tracks from your mix
- Upload only beautiful, high-quality cover art for your podcast
Adding a Podcast to Apple Podcasts (iTunes Store)
- If you don't have AppleID then create. If you don't have a credit card, use this instruction
- Go to iTunes Connect and add a link of your podcast stream
- Checking a new podcast can take up to 5 business days. A podcast may be rejected in the following cases:
- Swear words in the title or description of the podcast
- Using of abusive material (motivated by racism, religion, etc.), excessive use of sexual content
- Copyright infringement
- Distorted using of Apple’s copyright, including iPod, iTunes, and other company products
- After the approval of your podcast channel, it will appear in the iTunes directory and you can fully work with it
- When you publish any files to PromoDJ the “add to podcast stream” option is enabled by default. If you disable this option the material will not get into the podcast stream
Adding a Podcast to Spotify
- Go to Spotify for Podcaster page with your Spotify username, click «Get started»
- Paste the link to your podcast stream (the link can be found in Control Panel → Podcast → Settings). If everything is OK with your podcast, you will see the notification «Looking good» notification. Let's keep going» and information about your podcast stream will appear on the right side. Click «Next»
- The next step is to fill in the podcast information:
- In the Where your podcast is made select your country
- Primary language spoken in your podcast → your language
- Who is your hosting provider → Other/I don’t know
- Primary category → Music
- Choose up to 3 sub-categories of Music → select up to 3 sub-categories of music, such as Electronic. After that click «Next»
- Сheck all the podcast details on this page again and click «Submit». After a while, your podcast will start working on Spotify.
* Spotify may not be available in your country.
Adding a Podcast to Google Podcasts
1. Go to Google Play Music Podcasts page using your Google account and click «Publish»
2. Paste the link to your podcast stream, which you will find in the Control Panel → Podcast → Settings section and click «Submit RSS»
3. After confirming the link, the info of your podcast will appear and you will need to confirm the email specified in Settings. Сlick «Confirm email»
4. Enter the code from the letter on the confirmation page and click «Verify Ownership»
5. You will be transferred to a page with an image and description of your podcast. If there are problems with the image or description, you will see an error message. Make sure that the image matches the parameters specified in the podcast settings page and if necessary upload a new image. Almost any language with a maximum of 4000 characters is available in the podcast description. After resolving the errors (if they were), click «Refresh from RSS feed». If everything is fine, you can submit your podcast for review.
6. Click «Publish Podcast», the status will be «Under Review». In a few days, your podcast will be published
* Google Podcast may not be available in your country
Adding a Podcast to Deezer
1. Go to the podcast placementpage
2. Click the Publish My Podcast button
3. Add an RSS link to your podcast feed from Settings and click Next
4. Enter the verification code that you will receive on your e-mail specified in the podcast settings
5. Fill in the fields with information about your podcast:
6. Check the box to accept the rules and click Submit. Your podcast will be published in a few minutes.
Adding a podcast to Yandex.Music
1. Go to the podcast placement page and read the terms and conditions.
2. Click the Post Audio Records button
3. Fill in the required fields:
- Podcast Name — Enter the name of your podcast.
- Creator name — enter your stage name
- Email — Email to receive podcast statistics.
- Recommended short description for the site — short description of the podcast, 60 characters without spaces
- XML RSS feed — link to your podcast feed from Settings
Check the box to agree to the rules and click Submit
Your application will be reviewed within a few days.
Adding a Podcast to Pocket Casts
Adding a podcast to VK
To publish your podcasts on VK you need to write to a special bot where you can configure the import of podcasts from PromoDJ.
The bot will ask you some questions and will require you to attach a link to one or a few podcast episodes.
Please pay close attention that u can't place music or any episodes from other creators.
I have an old podcast, how can I transfer it to PromoDJ while keeping releases and subscribers?
- Go to iTunes Connect
- In the «My Podcasts» section, click «Podcast for Editing»
- Change the URL to the address of your podcast stream to PromoDJ which you will find in the Control Panel → Podcast → Settings
- Make sure your podcast is configured correctly, the cover has a resolution of 1400x1400 — then the link will be accepted without errors
- Information about your podcast will be updated within 24 hours. Don't delete the old podcast stream link so that your listeners can move to the new stream
How to upload photo or avatar?
In Control Panel you need tо go to the section Photos, select the album or create a new one, and upload photos with a white plus.
If in the album less than 3 photo — it will not display on your page.
Don't forget about main photo of your page. If you want to have few main photos in rotation — add a few photos here.
Avatars are loaded just like a photo.
If you have problems with images upload — read the tips in Files upload.
How to customize page layout?
How to add friends or idols?
On the user page in the block with PROMORANK there are a few icons Icon with a man allows you to add as a friend, and if you click on the star, you are mark the user as idol.
You can see all your friends in the section manage of friends, fans and idols.
How to ignore someone?
On the user page in the block with PROMORANK click on the cross — so you add a user to ignore list and he will not be able to leave comments on your page and write messages for you.
How to create a page for a band or project with the indication in the contacts all participants?
You need to go in the Personal information and turn on the status of a «band / collaboration project». After the confirmation of the status you will find the item «Collaboration» in the Control Panel, where you can list all the participants of the project.
I want to know what's new with my friends, idols and fans.
Use a «Wazzup?» on your page in section «Friends». With a convenient filter you can view only interest for you news.
How to group materials on the page?
You can create a new group for your materials in Groups. You can only move the groups that you have created and can not move the default groups.
To put file in a group — go to edit of this material and select the correct group.
How to change the sorting and number of displays files on the page?
You need to go to the section edit materials and use the mouse to place them as you wish.
There you can choose the number of materials that will be displayed on the main page.
The system says «Please specify tracklist» but it is already written
Probably there are less then 3 tracks in your tracklist or they are written in the same line.
I want to hide the tracklist
There is a checkbox «show tracklist only to friends» below the tracklist window.
How to attach an avatar to the material?
Go to edit the material, find «Avatar» and select any of the avatar. Also you can a upload your new avatar there.
Use an image size about 500x500 pixels — in this case avatar will look nice in your player, posted on social networks.
How to publish a player in social networks or other sites?
For publication in social networks go to the page of the material and click on the desired social network link under player.
To publish material like a player on the sites — use the code «Player», which is located right on the page with the material in «Give your friends to listen» section.
How to delete some file?
To delete a material please click «Edit» and you will see a «Delete» button below it.
How to change page adress, nickname and other information?
You can change any information in Control Panel, section Personal information.
Integration PROMODJ account with my page on Facebook or Twitter
To do this go to the Integration, where you can connect PROMODJ account with accounts on other social networks.
I can not edit my nickname
You can not use any symbols to attract attention, project titles, names of the labels, cities, and other slogans in nickname. Otherwise, you may lose the right to edit the nickname.
If you want to change it — please write your new nickname to the Support.
How to delete my page?
You can delete your page here.
After 3 months after blocking your page materials may be removed.
Who are the incognito?
Incognito — users, which turned on the option of invisibility. You can get an incognito status by turning on invisible mode in Preferences.
Where I can see a list of recently played and downloaded files?
All this you can find in your Control Panel, section Recently.
What is «Links»?
With this thing you can associate anything with anything inside PROMODJ. For example, a new mix with album, track with remix to it or blog entry with video etc.
You can view all current links and customize their work in Links.
How to unsubscribe from our newsletter?
To unsibscribe from our letters please go to Preferences and check the boxes: «Please, stop sending me these e-mail notifications» and «I don't want to receive the newsletter».
Search engine can not find my page. What can i do?
Leave a link on your page wherever it possible, including your accounts in social networks. Thus the chances of not escape from attention of the search engines will increase.
Where can I find a complete list of paid services and fill up my account?
Premium-account, extra space, promotion services, branding, etc. — all this you can explore and order in section Services.
You can add funds to your account here.
I want to make a remix contest
Send your remix contest request here.
Administrator will check your request and tell you what to do.
My Premium/Pro is over and some of the files is blocked. What happened?
After the end of the Premium or Pro-account some files on the page is blocked, if you have exceeded the limit of 100 MB of free space.
Your materials will be recovered as soon as you prolong your Premium-accout. If you don't do it during the 2 week after it was expired — they will be deleted forever.
How to upload an image, audio or video to my blog or feedback?
In the editor of the blog click on the button «HTML» and in the window that opens, write, for example, like this: <img src="http://img.yandex.net/i/yandex-v9.gif"/>. Then the picture URL will be replaced with your provided picture URL. Audio and video players are placed in the same way.
The publication of the images in feedback is similar, but the image should be loaded on PROMODJ.
How to make a translation of my blog from LiveJournal?
Go to the Customize your blog and write your LiveJournal nick or link to the appropriate RSS-feed.
How to delete a blog?
Open your blog and find the post that you want to delete. Then click on the «edit» link. There will be a «Delete» button on the next page.
How to add my file to PROMORADIO?
Please go to edit mix/track edit page and check the «this radio show is created to be played on PROMORADIO» box. Your track will be added to the radio if moderator approves it.
How to get a review of my work?
Usually reviewers decide for themselves which material to write a review for. On the pages of some reviewers you can find an information about getting your material reviewed.
What is PROMORANK?
PROMORANK (PR) is a formula that counts the rating for all the DJ's, musicians and their materials.
PROMODJ TOP 100 is based on this formula.
Why my PROMORANK fall?
Your PROMORANK was recalculated — it is a usual procedure for everybody. Probably you have deleted or hided some material, or the user that voted for you got banned etc.
My сopyrights violated
Please, leave your request with name of track, which is published illigally (link or list of links) and which is need be blocked. Provide photo copy of copyright documents. When our law department examine and confirm the authenticity of this, we are will take all the necessary measures.
My name used by another person
We will need to see a scanned picture of the document that prooves that this nickname is registered to you and that you are the only person who can use it. For example it could be a trademark registration document scan. As soon as our lawyer checks it we will do something. Otherwise we can't help you since there will be no legal reasons to do it.
Please send a request with the picture attached. Also please mention the link to the profile that violates your rights and describe the problem briefly.
Also you can try to convince the person yourself via personal message, sometimes it works just fine.
I found plagiarism
Please, leave your request with link to the page with plagiarism and link to the original and its name. Link to the original can be as on PROMODJ, and on the other trusted sites (Beatport, Youtube, etc.). Request without link to the original is not accepted.
I can not write the comments and private messages
We don't really like any kind of mass mail or comments sending (spam), swearing, flooding, provocation of conflicts etc. If you do this, you may be banned for a while.
What is spam?
Spam is a mass message sending. Usually the goal of it is some king of advertising. Also we take mass sending of sensless comments, smiles or players as spam too. The main factor that helps us to detect spam is user's response (Support complains or "Fie! This is Spam" button clicks).
What is plagiarism?
Plagiarism means that you have published some material that was not made by you. Doesn't matter if you have named it as yours or not - you can not do it anyway. Also it could be your mash up or bootleg that was signed as your own track.
We do not remove plagiarism blocks.
What is «virtual»?
You can get a ban marked «Virtual» for few reasons:
1. You made a fake account of some famous person.
2. You have created few fake accounts for spam or flood.
3. You've made a new account instead of an old one that is blocked.
We relate negatively to all manifestations of trolling and provocation of conflicts. If the user detects such behavior, it can lead to, at least, the loss of ability to communicate.
Try to be polite, leave a good impression of yourself, even if you are write critic comment on any work or in blog.
What is the problem?
In this FAQ the answers to the vast majority of your questions. However, if after careful consideration of all the sections you do not find the answer to your question, please contact our Customer Support. Clearly explain your problem. If necessary, attach a screenshot. From well-defined question depends on how quickly we can help you, do not waste time figuring out the details.