+
Миксы, лайвы, треки Profile Feed

Firewall - This Is Not A Lovesong (Maxi Version) [techno, Euro Techno]

FREE DOWNLOAD NOW !!!

This cover version of P.I.L. is my strangest release and has an interesting story. Once a year there was a very special event in the German techno scene, the so-called BOOKERS NIGHT. A party where everyone involved swapped the roles. Famous DJs worked at the bar, and their managers and bookers occupied the DJ booth and played whatever they like - not just techno. Sven Väth's manager played P.I.L. - This Is Not A Lovesong, a British punk anthem from 1984 and the whole club went nuts. Completely drunk, Holgi Star, Stereo Jack and I decided to turn it into a techno version. Unfortunately, sampling was not possible due to the author's rights, so we decided to produce a cover version. Stereo Jack re-sang the vocals himself and the result was a funny commercial version for big clubs. A German indie label bought the project and pressed 500 promotion vinyls. A week later we entered number 20 of the German dance charts. One week later, the label's dance music division was closed due to the techno crisis in 2002. The insane sales figures fell suddenly, the Love Parade was dead - the battle for the charts left behind highly indebted record companies. Techno took refuge in Schranz, which was incompatible with the main charts – genre. A ten years rally of money making with techno was over. Our version never hit record stores. and is a rarity today. But we still love this tune! This is original version: 

Firewall – This Is Not A Lovesong Club Tools ‎– 0142540CLU

Music By, Lyrics By – John Lydon, Keith Levine, Martin Clive Atkins

Producer – Doorkeeper, Holgi Star

Producer, Recorded By, Mixed By – Stereo Jack

free download 9.3.2021
0 ▲
24 February 2021 16:57
DJ Doorkeeper

Comments

Due to the unexpected interest and requests for an 20 years old track i´ have decided to extend the free download for some days more! )))
Please, sign up (it's quick!) or sign in, to post comments and do more fun stuff.